School Learning Plan
Ridgewood Elementary School
Who Are We Now:
Ridgewood serves approximately 400 Kindergarten through 5th Grade students and the surrounding community. Partnership and collaboration with our community are long standing hallmarks of the school.
Ridgewood’s Academic Achievement data shows decline from 2018-2019 to 2021-2022 in both English Language Arts and Mathematics. While some of the decline is pandemic related, it is our responsibility as a school to come up with new ways to accelerate the learning of our students and close the achievement gap for each of them.
Particular sub-groups of students, such as Ridgewood’s Hispanic/Latino, Students with Disabilities, and Underserved Race/Ethnicity are significantly underperforming in comparison to the overall student population.
In an effort to move our students further, farther, and faster Ridgewood staff will be working to define and engage systems for equitable support for our students in both academics and social/emotional learning. Building a tiered system of support strengthens core classroom instruction and provides a systematic approach for students requiring supplemental or intensive support.
Along with defining and engaging our systems for equitable support we will continue working together as a staff to unlock new ways to set our students up for success. This work brings opportunity for new learning around supporting the social and emotional development of our students and utilizing data to inform our instruction.
Our students are needing us to show up for them in increasingly new ways to continue to move them along their academic and social/emotional learning continuums. The plate of the educator is full. At Ridgewood we are committed to supporting the success of our students AND our staff. We believe when staff feel successful, our students are more successful. Ridgewood staff will engage in three surveys this school year as a tool for listening, defining, and taking action on what we collectively need as a school to make our teachers happier and healthier.
Date of Last Revision: Nov. 21, 2022
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
WE Expect Excellence
- WE teach students knowledge and skills for our evolving world.
- WE seek, support, and recognize world-class employees.
- WE engage students with a variety of relevant and challenging learning experiences.
- WE create learning environments that promote student achievement.
WE Embrace Equity
- WE build honest, safe, and inclusive relationships with our diverse students and their families.
- WE provide needed support so that every student succeeds.
- WE work and learn in teams to understand student needs and improve learning outcomes.
- WE partner with our community to educate and serve students.